Alicia Keys has been brushing aside accusations of being a homewrecker ever since husband Swizz Beatz' ex-wife, Mashonda, spread the rumor that Keys was the reason her marriage fell apart. In the latest issue of JET, the cover girl discussed the allegations and why she decided to ignore them.
"…[They] were apart for some time before we ever got together…that doesn't matter to those who take pleasure in trying to knock others down…there's no need to fight what's not true…," Keys said.
Initially, Mashonda seemed to have moved on from her initial accusations in the interest of her and Beatz' six-year-old son as last year the R&B singer wrote an open letter saying, "As a mother, Kasseem’s happiness is the single most important thing in my life. It took some time, but I now realize that even my former husband and his new wife are my partners in this wonderful journey."
In response to Keys' affirmation to JET that Beatz was separated when they became an item, Mashonda tweeted, "You can't create truth, it's already made……."
But it doesn't look like Mashonda's accusations are going to dampen the love Keys feels for her husband. During her interview Keys also explained why she and Beatz, who've been married for two years and have a two-year-old son together, are such a good match for each other.
"I'd never met a person where I could be fully myself…Swizz and I live in each other's shadow. So we can occupy the same space and there is nothing but equality. There's something really powerful about that."
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024