(Photos from left: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images, Bobby Bank/Getty Images)
Steve Harvey's brand just would not be the same without the sharp-suit aesthetic that he's stuck with throughout his 30+ year career.
While the comedian's signature look has made him loads of money throughout the years, his Kings of Comedy show mate D.L. Hughley wasn't originally a fan of it. In fact, Harvey recently shared his response to Hughley's confusion with his three-piece "uniform."
In a recent segment from his online show, Rolling with Steve Harvey, the Family Feud host explained that his mother first instilled in him that every woman likes a well-dressed man. He added that he passed on this advice to Hughley, Cedric the Entertainer and the late Bernie Mac.
One person who wasn't really into it, though, was Hughley, and Harvey shared his hilarious response when he asked him to explain the big deal with his suit obsession.
"The first year we did Kings of Comedy, they didn't wear suits, I'm the only one who wore suits," he told the audience. "D.L. used to say, 'Man, why you wear a suit all the time?' I don't know no other way to be, dog. People paying all this money to see us, might as well give 'em something to look at. Hell, we ain't cute. The Kings of Comedy wasn't no pretty group. We was funny as hell, but we was not an attractive bunch. You just have to know that. If you ain't cute, you ain't cute. You just gotta come to that s**t."
Take a look at his brutally honest explanation, below:
Talk about a self-drag, though.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024