(Photo: David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images)
UFC superstar Conor McGregor made the rounds at the London Fashion Awards on Monday night, taking pictures with the likes of Rita Ora, F1 race car driver Lewis Hamilton and supermodels Jourdan Dunn and Irina Shayk.
Now, McGregor had a child earlier this year with longtime girlfriend Dee Devlin, and Ora was rumored to be dating Tyrone Wood, Rolling Stones' guitarist Ronnie Wood's son, over the summer, as reported by TMZ Sports.
So that explains the uproar that sparked when Rita tweeted out a photo of her and Conor together at the event with the caption, "Date night." On sight, Twitter lost its mind, dragging the singer to hell and back with these reactions.
Here's Rita Ora's 'Date Night' tweet that sent Twitter into a frenzy
People were immediately like, 'oh, no, rita baby, what is you doing, baby?'
And there was a lot more where that came from.
And the wave of harsh Twitter slander against her was just beginning
Some people felt like the photo that she tweeted was 'fine,' but the caption was out of line
Rita's fans tried to say it was a 'joke,' but people didn't want to hear it
That caption, though.
Still, others pointed the blame towards McGregor
That hand placement can't make his longtime girlfriend and mother of his child too happy.
People believe this is how Conor reacted when he saw his girlfriend
You better pedal faster!
But the shaming was redirected right back onto Rita
Some felt like this entire McGregor-Ora thing was taken out of context
And for what it's worth, after being dragged for her 'date night' tweet about McGregor, Rita unloaded with 'real date' tweet
So, we ask ... was Rita's "date night" tweet with McGregor disrespectful or was it all in good fun?
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024