Is Shaquille O'Neal getting ready for a new career as a bodybuilder?
The 51-year-old NBA legend and television personality shared a new video on his social media this week showing off his new toned physique. Dressed in shorts and a tank top, O'Neal is seen entering a gym and posing in signature bodybuilding poses with music playing in the background.
“In my former life i was @philheath we almost there @rocshabazz that @novexbiotech #gf9 baby,” O’Neal captioned the post.
According to PEOPLE, Phil Heath is a seven-time Mr. Olympia winner. He first won the title in 2011 and held it for seven straight years. Heath commented on the post, writing, "Im thinkin I need to pay big @shaq a visit! A day of reckoning in the gym will be something of epic proportions haha!!!! Lookin great Brother. @rocshabazz I see you."
O'Neal also tagged his trainer, Roc Shabazz, and Novex Biotech—a company that creates performance supplements for men. O'Neal has been an ambassador for the company since 2021.
The 7-foot-1-inch basketball legend and sports analyst embarked on a new fitness journey earlier this year. In March, he told PEOPLE that he had already lost 40 pounds and was on the road to lose another 20 and hit his goal of 350 pounds. He said he accomplished the feat through cardio, weight training, and a healthier diet.
"I have more energy. I feel really good. I get to do stuff that I haven't done. And it helps you discipline yourself much more," O'Neal said at the time. "I eat about four or five times a day, but four of those meals used to be junk meals."
"So now I can wake up and say okay, meal one is a shake and then I'm going to go work out. Meal two will probably be little egg wraps. Meal three will be a salad and then meal four and five will be chicken and steak. I still get to eat as long as I eat healthy. And you gotta cut out the little stuff. No more Cheetos, no more cupcakes, no more stuff like that. So the more and quicker you can discipline yourself, the better and quicker you'll see the results."
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024