Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
After suffering his second DUI arrest earlier this week, Denver Nuggets star Ty Lawson says he's finally going to get treatment. He revealed that he will be entering a rehab facility for the next month.
According to TMZ, the athlete recently had a court hearing addressing his first DUI this year, which occurred in Colorado back in January. He got off well as, instead of a SCRAM bracelet — which he would have been required to wear 24/7 — the judge ordered him to be on monitored sobriety.
Lawson's attorney announced during the hearing that his client will begin treatment at a rehab facility in Southern California beginning tomorrow.
Earlier this week, the NBA star was arrested for another DUI in L.A. He is due to appear in court for that case in August.
BET Sports News — Get the latest news and information about African-Americans in sports, including weekly recaps, celebrity news and photos of your favorite Black athletes.
(Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024