(Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images)
Usher is yet another Atlanta celebrity that is giving back to his community to help those in need amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking to WSB-TV Channel 2 News, the Grammy-winning singer-songwriter is reaching out to Clayton County thanks to his New Look Foundation and has set up an emergency fund to provide children with virtual classes, financial assistance, and mental health and wellness support.
In addition to the emergency relief, Usher and volunteers from New Look donated plant-based meals to feed nearly 350 people in the Clayton County community.
"We really wanted to offer them just some comfort, some food, and also let them know that they are not forgotten," Usher said.
Killer Mike, T.I. and 2 Chainz have also done their part to support their ATL communities by donating hot meals and money to the homeless and other communities in need in response to COVID-19.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024