Kid Cudi celebrated a significant achievement when he was awarded an honorary master's degree in fashion design from Istituto Marangoni Miami.
The rapper and fashion icon shared the moment on Instagram, expressing his joy and gratitude. Cudi, who didn't follow the traditional academic path, highlighted the significance of the achievement for both himself and his mother.
He captioned the photo of him kissing his mom: “Today was a really special day. Man, words cant really express how I felt/feel now in this moment. Im happy, I feel complete, accomplished, validated, all the things that bring immense joy. My mom sharing this moment w me was everything. She got emotional, and it was such a special memory we’ll have together forever.”
The “Day ‘n’ Nite” rapper continued, “I never walked across any stage. I got my GED in high school and only did a year of college. My mom finally got to see me achieve what I thought id never do. And it was beautiful. Thank you to @istitutomarangoni_miami , the wholE staff/faculty and ESPECIALLY the STUDENTS (THE FUTURE!!) for welcoming me and my family and friends w open arms and blessing me w this prestigious honor.”
To close the post, he wrote, “Holy f**k I got my masters.”
Istituto Marangoni Miami, recognizing Cudi's impact on modern fashion and luxury through his brand Members of the Rage, announced that proceeds from his pop-up outlet would be donated to its scholarship fund.
The institution praised Cudi's accomplishments and vision, highlighting his role as an inspiration to young creatives. Donations from Members of the Rage are aimed at supporting the IMM Scholarship Fund, which assists aspiring fashion and design students in pursuing their dreams.
Known for his distinctive style, Cudi has been a significant figure in the intersection of Hip-Hop and fashion. Recently, he announced the launch of WZRD CWBY, a new clothing line and collaboration with longtime friend NIGO. This comes after the successful introduction of his Members of the Rage line, described as blending "90s grunge with the soul of hip hop and elements from a distant future."
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024