Photos from left: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
Future isn't sweating in the least that his ex Ciara is suing him for $15 million because he believes he has a great defense against her claims. The pop singer slapped her rapper ex with a slander and libel suit on Tuesday, claiming he bashed her in the media and on Twitter simply to promote his album.
Now, according to TMZ, Future is calling bulls**t on the lawsuit, claiming Ciara has exploited their breakup for her professional gain as well. Example? Her single "I Bet," which is clearly about their breakup.
"You know that it hurts your pride but you thought the grass was greener on the other side / I bet you start loving me as soon as I start loving someone else / Somebody better than you,” are just some of the lyrics he feels prove his point.
Of course, while the meaning behind the lyrics may be clear to Future (and millions of fans), proving it in court is a totally different thing. Ciara's point will undoubtedly be easier to prove. But the singer can't claim her victory in court until she can officially serve her ex with the lawsuit — TMZ reports that a process server hasn't been able to tag the EVOL rapper with papers yet.
Watch BET Breaks below for a recap of the tweets that likely got Ciara so mad:
(Photos from left: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images, Ethan Miller/Getty Images for New Era)
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photos from left: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images, Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for BMI)
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024
- Rhymefest Reimagines The Beauty of the Black Diaspora On His New Album ‘James & Nikki: A Conversation’The acclaimed multi-hyphenate pays tribute to the legendary writers on his latest project and he spoke about the impact he hopes to have with his art.02/27/2024
- This HBCU Alum’s Baseball Journey To The Major League Baseball Front OfficeFrom Alcorn State University to the Pittsburgh Pirates, Brandon Rembert shares how his HBCU prepared him for the pros.02/27/2024
- Bevel Gifts Clark Atlanta University A Locker Room RenovationThe men’s grooming brand transformed the HBCU’s basketball team’s locker room into a state-of-the-art barbershop and lounge space.02/27/2024