(Photo: Baltimore County Police)
Four white family members in Maryland were arrested after attacking two police officers responding to a call, yet for some reason, the police did not feel threatened enough to discharge their weapons.
Earlier this week, police in Baltimore County were called to investigate a disturbance occurring at a home in Middle River. When officers arrived, they were met with aggression by Beverly Davis (middle), the mother of the family, reported WBAL.
When Beverly’s husband Gary (left) tried to intervene, she began to attack him, according to officers.
This prompted one of the officers to step in and attempt to stop the assault; however, Gary then attacked the officer and put him to sleep (meaning he put him in a chokehold for so long the officer lost consciousness).
Eventually, the second officer tried to help his partner, only to be attacked by the Davis’ son, Scott (right).
When a third officer attempted pull Gary off the officer in a chokehold, Beverly and Scott began attacking him.
Both responding officers were taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries that are not life-threatening.
Beverly, Gary, Scott, and an unidentified minor were arrested and charged with assault on a law enforcement.
In many instances of police brutality, unarmed Black people pose enough of a threat with their presence alone and many end up fatally shot. However, in the case of the Davis family, their attacks and chokeholds weren’t enough to cause the officers to feel threatened.
Many people found this double-standard appalling.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024