In a rare occurrence, 50 Cent is apologizing for comments he made about Megan Thee Stallion.
During a radio interview with REAL 92.3’s Big Boy, the Queens rapper admitted he needed to apologize to the Houston rapper because he was caught up in inaccurate social media reports about what happened.
“I’m gonna apologize to Megan Thee Stallion,” 50 told Big Boy. “I said some things, and it was because… On social media I posted things that — when she was with Gayle [King] — she said, ‘Were you intimate with Tory Lanez?’ And she said, ‘What?’ and it was like, ‘No.’ And I was like, ‘Ah, she lying.’ At that point I knew she was lying, it wouldn’t be no reason for them to be around each other. From that, it felt like she was lying, to me.”
Additionally, Fif said the reason he “should apologize to her,” is “because when I heard the [jail] phone conversation [between Lanez and Meg’s former best friend Kelsey Harris] … That made me feel like, ‘Oh s**t, now I know what happened.’ I’m sure that was probably what swayed people in court too.”
Last month, 50 Cent shared a meme on Instagram comparing Megan to Jussie Smollett, captioning the post: “Damn I’m confused all this sh– going around I don’t know what to think LOL.”
On December 23, Tory Lanez was found guilty of all three charges he faced during his trial, including felony assault with a semiautomatic firearm, possession of a concealed, unregistered firearm, and discharging a firearm with gross negligence, over the July 2020 shooting that took place after a Hollywood Hills party.
During the trial, Megan testified that Lanez offered her $1 million to keep quiet about the incident.
Since his conviction, supporters of Lanez have created several petitions to appeal his conviction in connection with the shooting.