(Photo: Miikka Skaffari/FilmMagic)
Usher's herpes case is now rearing its head in the new year as one of his accusers is going after three insurance companies with claims that they leaked her medical records without her permission.
Get more on Usher's lawsuit with BET Breaks, above.
According to TMZ, Laura Helm said she noticed her application for insurance in a blog post revealing her "private sensitive health information."
Her lawsuit states that she filed her application with an insurance broker which represented three companies back on July 31, 2017. She claims that the broker took screenshots of her application and sent them to the blog without her knowledge.
The three insurance companies she is suing, in addition to the blog, are United Healthcare, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Louisiana and Golden Rule Insurance Company.
In addition to the matter at hand, Helm also claims that the blog defamed her by saying she committed insurance fraud, which she firmly denies.
She initially took legal action against Usher back in July 2017. She eventually dismissed the lawsuit against the R&B singer.
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024
- Rhymefest Reimagines The Beauty of the Black Diaspora On His New Album ‘James & Nikki: A Conversation’The acclaimed multi-hyphenate pays tribute to the legendary writers on his latest project and he spoke about the impact he hopes to have with his art.02/27/2024
- This HBCU Alum’s Baseball Journey To The Major League Baseball Front OfficeFrom Alcorn State University to the Pittsburgh Pirates, Brandon Rembert shares how his HBCU prepared him for the pros.02/27/2024