When Swizz Beatz curated the list of performers to honor the late DMX, we knew the performance at the BET Awards 2021 wouldn’t be anything less than impactful and memorable. With appearances by Busta Rhymes, Griselda, and Michael K. Williams, the entertainers provide powerful renditions from the rapper’s catalog.
On another note, fans couldn’t help notice just how youthful and built Method Man looked. The 50-year-old kicked off the tribute, performing “Where My Dogs At?,” and caused quite the stir among the ladies. Even host Taraji P. Henson took a moment to comment on the Wu Tang Clan member's fineness during her hilarious Erykah Badu impression, when she asked him to give her incense a whiff.
He Learned How To Manage His Time
Insomnia is no fun. But the "Bring the during a bout if it, the "Bring the Pain" rapper had an aha moment, that kicked off a fitness regime.
"What really got me started in the gym was I had insomnia real bad. I found myself waking up at 2 or 3 in the morning, playing video games, just wasting my time," he shared with Men's Health. "I had this gym membership and I was like, 'Well hell, I'm paying for it. Might as well use it.'"
He Dedicated Himself to Fitness
Photo by Bennett Raglin/Getty Images for BET
The New York native made a serious commitment to fitness and fans have been intently following his journey via social media where he documents everything.
"At 4 a.m. I find myself in the gym working out," he explained to Men’s Health. "Two days went to three days, three days turned into five days, and I've been consistent ever since for the past two years now."
He Protects His Neck
Matthew Eisman/Getty Images
The 50-year-old finishes every workout session with a neck exercise and it’s not your typical neck rotations. He increases the neck muscles by strapping a harness on his head, which is weighed down.
"This is the grit of the workout here, we basically do these every day," the rapper expressed to the magazine. "This helps a lot with keeping your neck beefy so no one can knock your block off, you know what I'm saying?"
He Wants To Be The Rock
Matthew Eisman/Getty Images
He Keeps Going
James Devaney/GC Images
True to his dedicated attitude, the rapper never gives on on his commitment to his health and self-care. “Regardless of how tired I get, no matter what the workout is, I at least will try it,” he stated. “I’m not going to say no to anything.”
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024