Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Yeezy Season 3
Kanye West has been in the news nonstop lately for Twitter rants, begging Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg for millions and an alleged meltdown on the set of Saturday Night Live this past weekend. Some of his closest friends wonder if 'Ye has gone off the deep end, and now leaked audio of his SNL meltdown proves Mr. West is having a serious moment.
In the tape, Yeezy is heard blasting a "fake a**" Taylor Swift and hurling slurs at NBC staffers who changed the set design for his performance after a technical glitch. “Look at that s**t they took my f**king stage off’a SNL without asking me," he is heard ranting. "I am bummed … If I am going to do this we are breaking the motherf**king Internet.”
He goes on to proclaim that he is “50 percent more influential” than basically any other artist who has ever lived, specifically name-checking legendary filmmaker Stanley Kubrick, Pablo Picasso, Paul the Apostle and drug kingpin Pablo Escobar as those who can't touch his greatness.
“Are they f**king crazy? Whoa by 50 percent [I am more influential than] Stanley Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul, f**king Picasso and Escobar. By 50 percent more influential than any other human being. Don’t f**k with me. Don’t f**k with me. Don’t f**k with me. By 50 percent dead or alive, by 50 percent for the next 1,000 years. Stanley Kubrick, ‘Ye.”
Listen to the audio below, which was obtained by Page Six. Warning, the language is explicit.
Watch the BET Breaks video below to learn the latest on the rapper:
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Yeezy Season 3)
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024