Jason Merritt/Getty Images, Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images
Drake's new song sounds inspired by his on-again-off-again relationship with Rihanna. "Views from the 6," which leaked last week, is the title track from his forthcoming album and features Arizona rapper E Batt.
Whatever transpired between the Drizzy and Rih Rih—presumably while he was on tour in Europe—left a lasting impression on the Toronto rapper. In the opening verse, he rhymes, "You must remember waking up in Paris with the blunt/ You must remember f----n' me like anytime you want/ What made us wanna act like we were married for two weeks?/ Now we're back in California, we don't even speak. That's a no, no."
He also admits to missing the mystery woman (a.k.a. Rihanna), and shouts out the bajan beauty's "squad" members, Jenn Rosales and Melissa Forde.
It's not clear how the song got out, but E Batt denies having anything to do with it. He tweeted Saturday (Aug. 23), "For the record I DID NOT leak VFT6. I was given an opportunity to record a verse on an early version. In the midst of that someone got ahold. Of it that SHOULD NOT HAVE and leaked the song! It's unfortunate that it was given to you guys in this way."
Before the leak, Drake already dropped a clear hint that he had Rihanna on the brain. He flashed her image on stage during the OVO Fest earlier this month, and the 26-year-old singer must've heard the call because she attended one of his concerts recently.
Views From The 6 is expected next year.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photos from left: Jason Merritt/Getty Images, Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images)
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024