President Biden has announced Karine Jean-Pierre will replace the departing Jen Psaki as White House Press Secretary. In addition, Jean-Pierre, who had served as Deputy Press Secretary will be Assistant to the President. Psaki’s last day at the White House is May 13.
Jean-Pierre will be the first Black woman and the first openly gay person to serve in the role.
“Karine not only brings the experience, talent and integrity needed for this difficult job, but she will continue to lead the way in communicating about the work of the Biden-Harris Administration on behalf of the American people." Biden said a statement. "Jill and I have known and respected Karine a long time and she will be a strong voice speaking for me and this Administration.”
Prior to her role on the Biden/Harris administration, she served as Chief Public Affairs Officer for MoveOn.org and she served as an NBC and MSNBC Political Analyst. She has worked on both of President Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012, and served in the Obama White House.
Jean-Pierre was born in Martinique and raised in New York by Haitian parents. She is a Columbia University graduate and a published author.
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- JACK HARLOW I Promised ‘All Legends ...Will DRAKE, LIL WAYNE & JT DO???
- POST MALONE: I'M HAVING A KID!!!
- MUSTARD FILES FOR DIVORCE
- CARDI B: ‘I'M A PRISONER OF FAME’ ...Breaks Down On IG Live After Met Gala Party
- MASTER P 52ND BDAY PARTY WAS MY FIRST EVER!!! Snoop, Nelly, No Limit Soldiers All There!!!