So many of our music icons have had their lives ended early due to drug overdoses and a new report suggests that Prince may be the latest casualty to this terrible trend.
Dr. Howard Kornfeld claims he was supposed to meet with the “Purple Rain” singer just a day before he passed away. Apparently, he was assigned to help Prince fight his addiction to painkillers, according to the Star Tribune. Kornfeld, an authority on opioid addiction treatment, was apparently called in because the Renaissance musician was “dealing with a grave medical emergency."
Dr. Kornfeld’s son, Andrew was sent to Paisley Park on April 21 in order to evaluate Prince’s health and create a treatment plan for him. He would ultimately be one of the people at the residence when Prince’s body was found and was reportedly the one who made the initial 911 call that day.
Reports have surfaced that during the weeks before his death, Prince had painkillers at his home, however no toxicology results have confirmed if there were any in his system or had anything to do with his death.
Prince passed away on April 21 at his home in Paisley Park, Minnesota. He was hospitalized last Friday (April 15) after his private plane made an emergency landing in Illinois. He had been fighting the flu, however things seemed to be looking upward as he threw a party at his estate just a day after returning home from the hospital. He was 57 years old.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photo: Matt Kent/WireImage)
TRENDING IN MUSIC