DMX hasn't officially confirmed that he will fight George Zimmerman next month, his publicist confirmed to BET.com via emial today. "The boxing match between George Zimmerman and DMX is not officially confirmed," X's rep Domenick Nati told us.
"DMX has promised to 'beat his a**', but no contract or paperwork has been signed or agreed to yet," Nati continued, adding, "DMX will release an official statement if and when an agreement is made."
X was chosen out of some 15,000 applicants hoping for a one-on-one match with 30-year-old Zimmerman. Celebrity boxing promoter Donald Feldman is putting on the bout. A date and location for the event are expected to be announced during a press conference next Wednesday (Feb. 12).
When asked about boxing Zimmerman last week, X said, "I am going to beat the the living f**k out of him. I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I f**k him right up."
Last summer Zimmerman was acquitted in the shooting death of unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin. The verdict spawned controversy, demonstrations all over the country, and statements from several entertainers and musicians. Among those unhappy with the ruling was Game who tattooed Martin's photo on his leg.
The Compton rapper also offered to get in the ring, telling TMZ that he would gladly "beat the f**k" out of Zimmerman, to "show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photos from left: WENN, Joe Burbank-Pool/Getty Images)
TRENDING IN NEWS