The White House wants to let you know they just joined Spotify. OK? Cool.
What’s even cooler is that President Barack Obama shared two playlists while he’s on summer vacation in Martha’s Vineyard. In between reading those six books he’s assigned himself, President Obama found some time to handpick a playlist for the day and night time.
There’s a wide range of artists here, from The Temptations and Isley Brothers to Aretha Franklin and Justin Timberlake. President Obama’s night playlist for the summer is equally intriguing as he mixes in Nina Simone, Mos Def and Lauryn Hill. There’s definitely some good vibes here and it’s perfect for any occasion.
Although we have just a month left before fall starts, President Obama wants us to enjoy the sunshine while we can. Check out the tracklists below and stream them on Spotify here and here.
President Obama's Summer Playlist: Day
- Ain’t Too Proud to Beg – The Temptations
- Live It Up – Isley Brothers
- Memories Live – Talib Kweli & Hi Tek
- Tombstone Blues – Bob Dylan
- So Much Trouble in the World – Bob Marley
- Paradise – Coldplay
- Tengo Un Trato (Remix) – Mala Rodriguez
- Wang Dang Doodle – Howlin Wolf
- Another Star – Stevie Wonder
- Hot Fun in the Summertime – Sly & the Family Stone
- Boozophilia – Low Cut Connie
- Wherever Is Your Heart – Brandi Carlile
- Good Day – Nappy Roots
- Green Light – John Legend
- Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
- Rock Steady – Aretha Franklin
- Down Down the Deep River – Okkervil River
- Pusher Love Girl – Justin Timberlake
- Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
- La Salsa La Traigo Yo – Sonora Carruseles
President Obama's Summer Playlist: Night
- My Favorite Things – John Coltrane
- Superpower (feat. Frank Ocean) – Beyoncé
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Is Your Love Big Enough? – Lianne La Havas
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart – Al Green
- Red & White & Blue & Gold – Aoife O’Donovan
- Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill
- The Best Is Yet to Come – Frank Sinatra
- You Don’t Know Me – Ray Charles
- I Found My Everything – Mary J Blige
- Help Me – Joni Mitchell
- I’ve Got Dreams to Remember – Otis Redding
- Suzanne – Leonard Cohen
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Stubborn Love – The Lumineers
- Until – Cassandra Wilson
- UMI Says – Mos Def
- The Very Thought of You – Billie Holiday
- Flamenco Sketches – Miles Davis
- Woo – Erykah Badu
Click here to enter the #LookYourSundayBest contest for a chance to win FREE natural hair-care products.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photo: Mark Wilson/Getty Images)