On what would’ve been her 51st birthday (April 2), The Braxton’s celebrated the life of Traci Braxton with a private gathering.
Toni, Towanda, Trina, Tamar, Michael, and Evelyn Braxton, held a private celebration of life for Traci, Bossip reports. During an interview with Tamron Hall, Toni said that the celebration would take place.
In the midst of what appears to be a difficult time, she had looked forward to the celebration.
Collectively, the family wore various shades of green.
“You never think that it’s going to happen to you and your family,” Toni said to Tamron Hall during the March 29 interview. “You have to remind yourself to enjoy the moments, be happy.”
Traci had a year-long fight with Esophageal cancer and passed on March 12, just weeks shy of her 51st birthday.
Toni, 54, expressed her gratitude for the family’s camaraderie when her sister was in the hospital. She said they were there to see her take her last breath.
She also posted a moving Instagram photo, wearing green and a hummingbird locket.
“Hummingbirds were Traci's favorite. We made these beautiful lockets enclosed with her ashes to honor our promise that we would take her everywhere we go.”
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024