Before becoming the main character on Twitter last week, Darius Jackson was interviewed by Keke Palmer for her podcast. He shared that he has sometimes felt overwhelmed by the public nature of their relationship.
The Baby, This is Keke Palmer episode is called "High Profile Relationships" and features a guest appearance by fellow former child star Raven Symoné and her wife, Miranda Pearman-Maday.
Palmer's mom, Sharon, is also a guest on the episode, and she asked Jackson about how he felt at first about making their relationship public. "At first, it definitely was hard because it could all be very overwhelming," Jackson said, according to Entertainment Tonight. "It was definitely overwhelming and intense at first."
Palmer agreed, saying, "It was."
"And it's like, you almost feel that pressure of needing to be perfect. And so, it really confused me and infiltrated my mind because not only did I have to hold myself to that perfect standard, I was also holding you to a perfect standard as well," he continued. "So, any moment of flaw on my side or on your side it was World War III because it's like, man, now the world sees us."
Palmer's mom also shared some relationship advice—having been married for over 35 years."How you maintain relationships is never lose respect," she said. "Gotta watch what you say. There's a line, don't cross those lines. You have to have respect."
Sharon told Jackson that she loves him and is happy for her daughter, adding that he is a "great dad."
The conversation, and its recent release, are ironic in that Jackson recently spoke out against a dress that Palmer wore to see Usher perform at his "My Way" residency show in Las Vegas.
"It's the outfit tho.. you a mom," Jackson wrote in a now-deleted tweet—of a viral video of the 29-year-old star being serenaded by Usher. Palmer was dressed in a sheer black dress over a matching thong bodysuit.
Jackson later doubled down with another tweet, writing, "We live in a generation where a man of the family doesn’t want the wife & mother to his kids to showcase booty cheeks to please others & he gets told how much of a hater he is. This is my family & my representation. I have standards & morals to what I believe. I rest my case."
The incident galvanized the internet, with people quickly choosing sides and many choosing to support Palmer, who has regularly shared that she has gained body confidence since having a son, Leodis, in February.
In an interview with The Cut, Palmer credited her trainer Corey Calliet for encouraging her to own the skin she is in and enjoy the ride along the way. He told her, "Well, we are never going to try and get your body back to how it was before a baby because you birthed a child." She continued. "It's like, that's not something to hide, that's something to embrace. We're going to lean into this new body. That is the whole aura of what's happening with me in this big boss era as I come into my 30s."
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024