(Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP)
At this point Rich Homie Quan flubbing the lyrics to Biggie’s “Get Money” should be considered old news, as Twitter spent most of the day yesterday (July 12) absolutely roasting him in a viral hashtag, #RichHomieKaraoke. However, today the rapper has given people a new reason to discuss his performance.
While it must have been uncomfortable for the rapper to admit he made a mistake on national television at a high-profile event, he owned up to his slip-up and penned a heartfelt apology. Originally admitting that he was just nervous, the rapper is now blaming a teleprompter having technical difficulties for the incident.
“I knew it by heart,” Quan shared in an interview, before changing his story once more. “But then the words… I told ‘em I didn’t know all the words by heart, so the words were supposed to be in the teleprompter. When I looked at the teleprompter, they wasn’t there.”
With that statement, there is a chance the rapper is digging himself in a deeper hole, because we already know the internet is an unforgiving place at times. All that being said, both Biggie’s widow, Faith Evans, and Brave Williams have been sticking up for Quan despite all of the backlash.
“I assure you that I never intended to disrespect Biggie Smalls,” he originally posted on Instagram. “I have long respected his work and his contribution to the rap game. I greatly apologize not only to Biggie Smalls, but also to all of my fans and to New York. The city of New York has been nothing but good to me. I felt honored to stand on stage with artists I grew up listening to. Once on stage I had some technical difficulties and must admit I got nervous. I will forever be sorry to New York, my fans, Biggie Small, Lil' Kim, and all the hip-hop community for my performance. I hope you can accept my apology. To Lil' Kim, thank you for the opportunity.”
Those probably should have been his final words on the subject.
Take a look at his new interview, discussing his performance at the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors Lil' Kim tribute below.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024