Joe Raedle/Getty Images
For those who want to upgrade how they spend their spare time, Travel is the New Club is here. The account is run by a "young single urban professional that throws trips and realized the clubs have gotten boring," according to their Instagram page that has more than 7,000 followers. More group trips seem to be on the horizon, so this page is one to watch.
Boasting 111,000 followers, TravelNoire is the leading travel page showcasing Black travelers. The brand also features blogs and tools to help travelers and brings explorers together with their on-line chat community #TNDistrict.
“I started thinking about an idea to sort of connect travelers of color — so Black Dutch, Black French, Afro-Cuban, Afro-Brazilian and African-Americans — and share our experiences,” Zim Ugochukwu, founder of Travel Noire, told BET.com in a recent interview.
The SoulSociety is also putting Black travelers and their favorite foodie moments at the forefront. To get reposted to their page of 17,000 followers, tag your photos with #soultravel and #soulfoodies (for food).
Cocoa Travelers International wants your photos from your next adventure, but they simply ask "Please no picstitch." To be featured tag your photos #cocoatravelersintl.
This group founded by travel photographer Evita Robinson in 2012 is a bit more exclusive. To get in the Nomadness Travel Tribe, you need at least one passport stamp and must pass a quiz on the organization. The "new age urban travel movement" is made up of 9,000 members, ages 21 to 45. The tribe takes four group trips per year and recently paired up with Issa Rae's YouTube channel for a video series called "The NOMADNESS Project."
One Young Traveler promotes self-discovery through exploration within the Generation Y community. Their Point of View film series spotlights intimate visuals of different locales around the world. OYT is also giving one lucky student a passport this summer through their HBCU Passport Campaign. Their tag is #OneYoungTraveler.
BlackAdventuristas celebrates Black women who are living to the fullest by daring to be adventurous. The page has 10,000 followers and was created by Veronica Garnett. Tag #BlackAdventuristas for a chance to show off your Black girl magic abroad.
Get inspired to travel to Spain by scrolling through Las Morenas De España's Instagram page. It gives an inside look to the Black experience in the country, from culture, food to fashion.
Follow Natelege Whaley on Twitter: @Natelege.
Click here for a chance to win a trip to the 2015 BET Awards!
BET National News - Keep up to date with breaking news stories from around the nation, including headlines from the hip hop and entertainment world.
(Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024