Uzo Aduba is now in the mommy club!
With a heart filled with love, the "Orange Is the New Black" alum revealed to her social media community that she and husband Robert Sweeting have welcomed their first child together: a precious baby girl, according to Entertainment Tonight. The actor also revealed their daughter's name, Adaiba Lee Nonyem.
In the post, Aduba is photographed lying in a hospital bed while her baby rests on her chest.
"My daughter. I’ve never been in love so quickly, so deeply in my entire life. I really don’t know what to say, guys. My heart is full. Thank you, God. I have joy like a fountain," she wrote in the caption of the post on Instagram.
She continued, "I have witnessed a miraculous thing, and I feel blessed to know you are ours. We love you so much."
Aduba also dropped the meaning of their infant's name in the post, adding, "Daughter of the people, treasurer of the mother’s names who came before you."
This milestone moment for the actor has her thrilled and beaming with joy.
"I’m a Mommy you guys," she said. "Motherhood. I’ve joined the club. I hear the dues are high, but the membership is completely worth it:). #grateful."
Congratulations sis! We're so happy for you!
On June 11, Aduba announced she and her beau were expecting in a post on the app.
“What a blessing. My husband Robert and I are so happy to enter this next chapter together as parents. I am beyond excited”, she captioned the post. “I get to be someone’s Mommy! I know as the three of us continue to grow our only, ONLY goal will be to love you, little one. My goodness. Look what God has done.”
That same day, she debuted her growing baby bump at the Tony Awards in New York City. While strutting down the red carpet at the awards show, Aduba unbuttoned her bright orange Christian Siriano blazer to let the world in on her surprise underneath.
In September, the new parents celebrated their first wedding anniversary.
“You have made my entire life better, more full. I am so thankful our souls found each other," she said in the post while reflecting on their nuptials.
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Beyoncé Makes Music History, Frankie Beverly Announces Farewell Tour, and Megan Thee Stallion Releases Nike CollectionPlus, Brittney Griner’s number was retired by Baylor University and Scarface is heading out on tour!02/23/2024
- New Music Friday: SZA, Steelo Brim & Saweetie Drop New TunesRefresh your playlists with these hot new tracks and check out a special behind-the-scenes video of Vic Mensa’s making of “BLUE EYES”, which was nominated for Outstanding Hip Hop/Rap Song at the 2024 NAACP Image Awards.02/23/2024