Quinta Brunson is sharing what she loves the most about her marriage. The creator of Abbott Elementary recently sat down with Oprah to chat about a wide range of topics, including what she appreciates the most about her husband Kevin Jay Anik.
“To be 100 percent fully me requires a lot of stuff that a lot of men do not have time for,” Brunson explained during the sit-down interview with the media mogul. “They even have thought they did in the past, but then realized there’s no dimming me. My husband – that’s what I mean by him being the biggest support."
The Emmy award winner continued, "There’s no need to dim me at all, and that allows me to love him fully and to be the person that I want to be and am meant to be.”
The actress went on to share that she never wants to find herself in a position where she has to shrink her greatness, especially at home.
“The last place I would want to dim is at home,” she explained. “That’s my sanctuary. I just won’t have it, I would be single. So, I’m fortunate to find a partner who I still feel I can be my full self with.”
FYI: The couple married in 2021.
Watch the full Oprah and Quinta Brunson Abbott Elementary interview on Saturday (November 26) at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT. on OWN.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024