(Photo: Santiago Felipe/Getty Images)
Wendy Williams found herself on the other side of the talk show as a guest on Conan, and during her onversation with Conan O'Brien, revealed why her son Kevin Hunter Jr. may never again enter a room without knocking.
"We don't close doors at our house," Williams began her anecdote. "We walk hard in our house...or we're always clearing our throats. That's the warning sign that 'here I come.' You don't just tiptoe to somebody's room. I respect him, so when I come to see his room, you hear it...'Kevin, here I come!' And I walk slow to give him a chance to clean up."
She then added, "And we don't close our door either but if you walk in on me and my husband, you're gonna get a surprise!"
Conan then asked if her son had walked in on his parents to see something he can't unsee, to which Williams responded, "Once, when he was 13 he got a surprise and he will never do that again...he walked in on me giving my husband a favor...at 2 o'clock in the morning."
Williams says the awkwardness after that incident was very real. "He was going out with some of his friends and usually, we leave the house with a hug and a kiss. We hugged but he wouldn’t kiss me," she says. We don't blame him one bit.
Wendy defended her open-door policy saying that even though her son may be scarred for life, “Well at least your mother and father love each other.”
At least we know Wendy is as good a guest on other people's talk shows as she expects celebrities to be on hers:
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone Talks Her New Book ‘Far Beyond Gold Running From Fear To FaithIn her memoir, the Olympic gold medalist explores her journey and all the obstacles she had to overcome to become one of the greatest track and field athletes ever.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024