Have you ever invited over some friends and cued up your favorite online streaming service to the soulful sounds of singer-songwriter Lucky Daye while sipping on a delicious Rémy Martin cocktail? If you haven’t, then what are you waiting for?
That’s why BET is teaming up with Rémy Martin as part of the 2022 Soul Train Music Awards experience. And creating intriguing concoctions in her hometown of Atlanta is bartender and influencer Tiffanie Barriere.
The House of Rémy Martin is known and respected for its superb cognac and rich history. The company started from humble beginnings when Rémy Martin, a winegrower in France, began selling under his name. The popular Rémy Martin VSOP (Very Superior Old Pale), which came on the scene in 1927, was created with Petite Champagne and Grande Champagne crus. This beautiful blend led to its immediate success with elegant aromas.
Barriere presents her favorite "any day of the week" cocktail, the Rèmy Sour, which she serves up nicely in a coupe glass—perfect because of its floral notes of Rémy Martin VSOP. The drink is based on a classic sour cocktail, but this version is decadent because it features fine cognac champagne. Barriere mixes simple syrup and freshly squeezed lemon juice, calling it "a lemonade of sorts," then adds the star of the show Rémy VSOP. The drink is complete with a garnish of a simple lemon peel.
The refreshing taste of this citrus forward Rémy Sour evokes the same energy we feel when we listen to some of today's hottest in R&B and soul singers pour their hearts out. Sweet, simple, and sassy is the mantra for cocktails while enjoying the 2022 Soul Train Awards, so gather your crew, sip, and enjoy.
THE RÉMY SOUR
1¾ oz Rémy Martin VSOP
1 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz sugar syrup
- Shake 1 ¾ of Rémy Martin VSOP, 1 oz of lemon juice, ½ of simple syrup, and a dash of Angostura bitters with ice
- Strain in a chilled glass
- Garnish with an orange twist
The Soul Train Awards 2022 premieres Saturday, November 26 at 8 pm ET/PT on BET and BET Her. Share responsibly. Don’t share alcoholic recipes with persons who are not of legal drinking age.
- Soul Train Awards 2022: Get To Know YouTuber Turned Singer Queen NaijaThe rising star has been grinding well before becoming a social media star.12/09/2022
- Soul Train Awards 2022: 3 Artists Who Have Hit Songs Because of Kandi BurrussThe legendary songwriter accepted the ‘Lady of Soul’ award alongside her lovely bandmates of Xscape.11/29/2022
- Soul Train Awards 2022: Get To Know Actress Michelle MitchenorYou may remember this year’s presenter from the comedy-drama television series ‘Lethal Weapon.’11/28/2022
- Soul Train Awards 2022: Get To Know Legendary Comedian And This Year’s Presenter JB SmooveThe veteran comedian was one of many celebrities attending this year’s award show.11/28/2022
- Soul Train Awards 2022: Morris Day & The Time Electrify Audience With a Legendary Medley of Hit RecordsThe iconic funk band was recognized for their amazing contributions to the industry with the 'Legend Award'.11/26/2022
- Soul Train Awards 2022: SiR Heats Up the Stage with His Debut Soul Train Awards PerformanceThe West Coast crooner is shaking up the neo-soul genre with his mellow sultry stylings.11/26/2022