(Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)
Stacey Dash is speaking out for the first time since her arrest for domestic violence, which resulted from a fight with her husband at their Florida home. The Clueless actress is claiming the incident was "blown out of proportion" by the media.
As previously reported, Dash was arrested last Sunday for assaulting her husband, Jeffrey Marty, at their home after an argument.
According to TMZ, sources claimed the actress pushed and slapped her husband. They added that when officers responded to a 911 call about the incident, they saw scratches on his arm and proceeded to arrest her.
The case was quickly dropped just days later when Marty paid her $500 bail and dropped the pursuit of any further charges. Dash has since released a statement addressing the melee, claiming that her arrest was just a "formality."
"Like normal married couples my husband and I had a marital dispute that escalated," she tweeted, along with a link to her full statement. "Thank you for your support and love. Please give him the same."
Dash's husband, Jeffrey Marty, shared his thoughts on Twitter as well, thanking the State Attorney for not pursuing charges against his wife.
"She was arrested over my objection at the time, but due to the pending investigation, I waited to comment until now," he said. "We both look forward to getting this behind us."
In the 911 call, which was released to the public, Dash accused her husband and his children of banding together to have her arrested and further claimed that he coached them with statements to report to the police. She even accused Marty of faking his injuries on the call.
In her recently released statement, she changed her tune, claiming the "events of the evening were misinterpreted."
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024