(Photo by Steve Jennings/Getty Images)
A rising artist gets her spotlight just in time for Black Music Month.
Alex Vaughn has entered the r&b scene with a bang, releasing 3 albums and 1 EP since the start of her career, adding another feather in her cap with her most recent project.
In lieu of Spotify’s Black Music Month, Black artists are being featured all month with both old classics and new hits.
In this recent addition, rising star Alex Vaughn collaborated with Bryan-Michael Cox, SVP of A&R and executive producer of Love Renaissance, who has produced for artists like Usher, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, and Toni Braxton.
Together, they remade Brandy’s legendary “Almost Doesn’t Count” from her iconic Never Say Never album, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the collection through Vaughn’s tribute.
Brandy is coined “The Vocal Bible” for her astounding career in music and success starring as the main character in “Moesha”. She has taken home honors such as the Lady of the Soul award, Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals Grammy award, and 12 Grammy nominations.
Vaughn also remixed one of her originals with Cox, “Do You Ever”.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024