(Photo by Steve Jennings/Getty Images)
A rising artist gets her spotlight just in time for Black Music Month.
Alex Vaughn has entered the r&b scene with a bang, releasing 3 albums and 1 EP since the start of her career, adding another feather in her cap with her most recent project.
In lieu of Spotify’s Black Music Month, Black artists are being featured all month with both old classics and new hits.
In this recent addition, rising star Alex Vaughn collaborated with Bryan-Michael Cox, SVP of A&R and executive producer of Love Renaissance, who has produced for artists like Usher, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, and Toni Braxton.
Together, they remade Brandy’s legendary “Almost Doesn’t Count” from her iconic Never Say Never album, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the collection through Vaughn’s tribute.
Brandy is coined “The Vocal Bible” for her astounding career in music and success starring as the main character in “Moesha”. She has taken home honors such as the Lady of the Soul award, Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals Grammy award, and 12 Grammy nominations.
Vaughn also remixed one of her originals with Cox, “Do You Ever”.
- Princess Love Files For Divorce From Ray JThe star of "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" broke the news on Instagram.02/26/2024
- 5 Things We Learned From the ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ DocuseriesThe two-part doc revealed much about the former TV show host's struggles with health, finances, and her bitter divorce.02/26/2024
- ‘Peetah’ Morgan Of Morgan Heritage Reggae Band Dies at 46No cause of death has been revealed.02/26/2024
- Ayo Edebiri And Da'Vine Joy Randolph Both Snag 2024 SAG AwardsLet’s show these sistas some love for their history-making achievements.02/26/2024
- Quavo Responds To Fan With Back Tattoo of Rapper's FaceThe loyal fan showed the Atlanta rapper his tribute to him in Milan, Italy.02/26/2024
- Jeffrey Wright Delivers Stirring Tribute To His Family At 2024 Spirit Awards“I am nowhere without you,” said the actor.02/26/2024