Jeannie Mai is reflecting on the moment she discovered her ex-husband Jeezy had filed for divorce.
On the Monday (Dec. 4) episode of "The Jennifer Hudson Show," Mai explained how she learned that the rapper had pulled the plug on their relationship and how she is doing nearly three months later.
When news broke online that the “Put On” hitmaker had filed for divorce, it sent shockwaves on all social media platforms. At the time, Mai was in the Big Apple for New York Fashion Week.
“When I found out at the same time as the rest of the world that my marriage was ending in divorce, I was gutted,” she said.
Mai continued, “Even though this year I met the most broken version of me, I also met the strongest version of me.
The talk show personality stated, “I was going through things and [my] marriage ended in divorce; it was kind of hard. It’s what I’m dealing with day by day."
When asked how she is doing now, Mai said she is “doing better.”
"Today, it's about picking up the pieces; it's about discovering me, being a mom to the best blessing in my life, my little girl."
“Monaco is everything. She’s just my whole world,” she said.
Mai and Jeezy are parents to daughter Monaco Mai-Jenkins, 23 months, for which the rapper is seeking joint legal custody, according to AJC. Mai has secured family lawyer Randall Kessler as her attorney, who has represented numerous Atlanta-based celebrities in their divorce and custody proceedings.
In September, the ATL rapper filed for divorce from Mai after two years of marriage.
Last month, he spoke to Nia Long during a candid sit-down about his life and discussed his divorce journey.
“This has not been an easy journey," he said. “I’m saddened, I’m disappointed, I’m uneasy.”
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024