We’re hoping 2022 is a better year for Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin than this last year.
The 43-year-old film producer recently filed for divorce from wife Good, 40, after being married for nearly a decade. Taking to his social media on Saturday evening (January 1), he reflected on the “deep pain and peace” he’s felt over the past year and says 2022 brings with it a “happy true year” rather than a happy new one. He also announced he was taking a break from social media.
“I took this picture a few months ago, I’m not much of a crier so in a moment of deep pain and peace, I took this picture,” Franklin captioned under a picture of himself noticeably emotional. “It captures best how I feel.”
He continued: “I share this with you because it is the most honest way to start this year. I know we are starting a new year yet I don’t wish you a Happy New Year…I wish you a Happy True Year. Why? Because just because it’s NEW doesn’t make it TRUE.”
Good, dressed in a green floral dress, also took to Instagram on New Year’s Day to express hope for new beginnings.
“You brought me to the highest life changing affirming highs…And the lowest gut wrenching soulbreaking lows…Althought I’m grieving…I’m also in glorious awe and thankfulness to you God.”
She also reaffirmed her faith in God.
“They say all endings are also beginnings…2022, I’m choosing to be excited about the beginning of this next act of life brings. Lord, I trust you.”
Franklin explained that he usually starts a new year as if he “didn’t do enough last year” or “I’m not enough so I must do…more,” but he now hopes to break his “addiction to the ‘new’” to work on “being fully committed to what’s ‘true.’”
“In our truth is where we will really meet God and from that meeting He will guide us, correct us and help us become the truest versions of ourselves,” he wrote. “I'm ready for that.”
Concluding his post, Franklin quoted “the great philosopher Wyclef [Jean]”': “‘I’ll be gone til November’ …meaning I’m taking a break from posting on social for awhile, maybe not until November but you get the point.”
“Happy True Year!” he added.
In early December, Franklin reportedly filed for divorce from Good after being married to her for nearly a decade.
So far, it isn’t clear what led to their split, but the couple said it was amicable and they’ll still remain friends. Just weeks ago, Franklin took to Instagram to support Good’s new Amazon Prime series Harlem, sharing the trailer from the show with his IG followers.
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024