Although Halle Bailey has already addressed why she decided to keep her pregnancy private, there are some people whose feathers are still ruffled.
Over the weekend, a user named EchoDoesRadio on X (formally known as Twitter,) took to the platform with her grievances towards "The Color Purple" star about her decision to want to share this part of her life with the world now.
"I don’t think people are mad she hid her pregnancy. People are more so annoyed that she went out of her way to lie and gaslight about it," said the user on Saturday (Jan. 27). "Then, she shaded people and called them desperate. Now, she wants those same “desperate” people to know every little detail."
A day after those tweets, Bailey clapped back, defending her choice to keep that milestone confidential.
"i never lied or even said anything about it honey , making a joke about my nose was the farthest i went," said the mom of one. "i’ll never understand why you are mad i protected my own peace, wouldn’t you do the same?"
She continued, "and i’m gonna share my pics now if i want to because my son is here safely, if u don’t wanna see it just keep scrolling baby lol God bless you !"
Still, her decision is not going over so well for others.
"Halle, baby. Kill it. You didn’t tell us bout the baby then. You didn’t speak then. Dont speak now & leave us out the conversation. Enjoy your jit in peace. We don’t care," said user @_ErielSimone.
But, this new mom is not backing now.
"if u don’t care why are u responding then sweetheart just don’t care by living ur best life and not commenting on mine," she tweeted.
While Bailey has been under public scrutiny since the summer of 2023 due to speculations she was pregnant, the star has gained a supportive online community.
"Even if you did lie it would be valid though it should not be other people’s business whether you pregnant or not," said one fan, while another chimed in "saying you lied and gaslit is crazy like privacy exists," whose comment has been liked 13,000 times.
Support for Bailey continued to swell in the comment section, causing some fans to call out Echo. Still, she was ready to plead her reasoning.
"Halle, you implied that people were being anti-Black and body shaming you for noticing the obvious. That’s not funny. As stated, people aren’t mad. If so, I CERTAINLY am not one of them. I understand your motives….," she explained.
Moments later, Echo followed that tweet up with another.
"I think people just want to see you share GOING FORWARD rather than going back and revealing the lengths you went to be dishonest (I.e. photoshop). Congrats! Enjoy the present and every minute going forward."
This chat roused another user on the platform; Bailey's boyfriend and father of her child, DDG.
"Tight ass leather jacket, he tweeted while appearing to poke fun at Echo's profile picture on the app.
Earlier this year, Bailey and DDG announced they had welcomed their first child, Halo, together in 2023.
“Even though we’re a few days into the new year, the greatest thing that 2023 could have done for me, was bring me my son.. welcome to the world my halo. The world is desperate to know you,” Bailey posted on her Instagram, along with a photo of her hand holding that of her son.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024