(Photo: Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images)
Kim Kardashian may have gone off the radar since she was robbed at gunpoint nearly three weeks ago, but her lawyers haven't.
The reality star is gunning for a contributing writer to the Huffington Post after the scribe wrote and published a story claiming Kim's Paris robbery was all orchestrated for publicity.
According to TMZ, Kim's attorneys penned a legal letter demanding the writer, Sharika Soal, publish a retraction and an apology for her post, published on October 8, which even quoted Kim as saying the incident was a "publicity stunt gone horribly wrong."
Addressing the quote, Kim said it's completely made up, with her lawyers adding that it was actually pulled from a satirical website.
Speaking with TMZ, Soal says she can't fulfil Kim's requests as the Huffington Post has blocked her out of her account, making it impossible for her to post a retraction. She said she has, instead, explained everything to Kim's attorneys. Soal also said that she's got nothing to give Kim if she sues.
The publication also said that they have no involvement in this as Kim's beef is with Soal and not them. They also went ahead and pulled the story, which was self-published by Soal.
See how Kim is handling the incident in the BET Breaks video above.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024