Survivor, PacificCoastNews.com **FEE MUST BE AGREED PRIOR TO USAGE** **E-TABLET/IPAD & MOBILE PHONE APP PUBLISHING REQUIRES ADDITIONAL FEES** LOS ANGELES OFFICE: +1 310 822 0419 LONDON OFFICE: +44 20 8090 4079
Last week, Kanye West started trash talking about Nike after the shoe brand refused to pay him royalties on his Air Yeezy sneakers. He ranted about the sneaker giant in the same breath he was touting his new $10 million partnership with rival Adidas.
"The old me, without a daughter, would have taken the Nike deal because I just love Nikes so much. But the new me, with a daughter, takes the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family," he told Hot 97's Angie Martinez about his new deal.
This week, the rapper has backtracked a bit to rebuild some of that bridge he started burning with Nike. During an interview with TallBoy, Yeezy gushed some more about his hot new partnership with Adidas, but also made sure to apologize for his earlier rant.
"It just feels good to be able to create more, create product that I can control the pricing on," he said. "That I can do quality control on. I feel very comfortable to have a great partner backing my ideas and allowing me to think and be creative and giving me that shot."
"I'm still gonna do music, but I really do feel honored to have had the chance to blow Yeezy up with Nike and I really appreciate everything they did for me," he added. "I'm not knocking them on the way out or burning no bridges, you know. I apologize for my frustration earlier. I just think it's time. It's go time. It's turn up time."
Meanwhile, Nike has moved on as well as Drake recently announced a partnership with Nike and Michael Jordan to release the OVO Air Jordan.
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(photo: Survivor, PacificCoastNews.com)
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024