Da Brat and her wife Judy Harris-Dupart are continuing to shower us with sweet details about their baby boy.
On Monday’s (Nov. 20) episode of the “Tamron Hall Show,” the parents discussed how they landed on their son’s name, True Legend, who made his grand entrance in July. For the moms, it was a decision that involved both of them.
As the parents gave Hall a tour of the newborn's special quarters within their home, the “Give It 2 You” rapper shared that it was her vision to call their son Legend.
“I wanted to call him Legend for a long time because I said if we had a girl, I wanted to name her Legacy, and if we had a boy I wanted to name him Legend,” she told the host.
After that, Da Brat said she asked her wife’s opinion and she gave her stamp of approval.
“I thought Legend was cool. Then I asked her [Judy]. She loved it, but she said we should put something in front of it," she continued. “So we was trying to figure out what to make the first part so it wasn’t just Legend.”
At that moment, the light bulb went off for Judy.
“That’s when she was like ‘True Legend’ and I was like ‘I loved it,’” the rapper said.
Last week, the couple sat down with Entertainment Tonight and opened up about their challenges during their pregnancy journey.
Judy told the outlet she had envisioned carrying their child herself but was happy that Da Brat got a life-changing opportunity to experience pregnancy.
"I felt like she deserved the full experience... I knew she would love and appreciate all the parts of it. You know, like, finally seeing the baby and ultrasound and finally feeling the baby kick and the relationship that you've developed while growing a baby inside of you," she said.
"I just see him and hold him and look at him and I give him the face and try to breathe his air," the rapper said. "I can't believe he came out of my body... You do it, and you're in the process, and when you see [him.] He's our little miracle drop like, we beat the odds."
- Princess Love Files For Divorce From Ray JThe star of "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" broke the news on Instagram.02/26/2024
- 5 Things We Learned From the ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ DocuseriesThe two-part doc revealed much about the former TV show host's struggles with health, finances, and her bitter divorce.02/26/2024
- ‘Peetah’ Morgan Of Morgan Heritage Reggae Band Dies at 46No cause of death has been revealed.02/26/2024
- Ayo Edebiri And Da'Vine Joy Randolph Both Snag 2024 SAG AwardsLet’s show these sistas some love for their history-making achievements.02/26/2024
- Quavo Responds To Fan With Back Tattoo of Rapper's FaceThe loyal fan showed the Atlanta rapper his tribute to him in Milan, Italy.02/26/2024
- Jeffrey Wright Delivers Stirring Tribute To His Family At 2024 Spirit Awards“I am nowhere without you,” said the actor.02/26/2024