Michelle Obama Asks Paparazzi To Leave Her Daughters Alone
Michelle Obama’s book tour for The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times kicked off yesterday (Nov. 15) in Washington, D.C. However, she warns the paparazzi, who follow her every move–to leave her daughters alone.
In an interview with People en Español, the 58-year-old revealed Sasha and Malai live together in the Los Angeles area and they are frequently stalked by paparazzi. "How much do I tell so that the media understands that my girls are not asking to be in the limelight? They are not social media stars. They are not looking to be followed by the paparazzi just because their mom wrote a book. ... And I hope the media hears me when I am saying this.”
She also revealed Sasha and Malia approved any parts of the book where they were referenced but added, "They are not seeking the light."
RELATED: Michelle Obama Announces New Book
The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times, a collection of personal and powerful essays, is Obama’s second book. Her memoir, Becoming, released in 2018, was a blockbuster hit, selling more than 17 million copies worldwide, according to the Associated Press.
Tickets are available for Obama’s tour at ticketmaster.com or michelleobamabooks.com; see the dates below:
- November 16: Warner Theatre, Washington, D.C. (Ellen DeGeneres)
- November 17: Warner Theatre, Washington, D.C. (Elizabeth Alexander)
- November 18: The Met, Philadelphia, PA (Gayle King)
- November 19: The Met, Philadelphia, PA (Hoda Kotb)
- December 2: Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA (Tyler Perry)
- December 3: Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA (Tyler Perry)
- December 5: Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL (David Letterman)
- December 6: Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL (Heather McGhee)
- December 9: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA (Conan O’Brien)
- December 10: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA (Tracee Ellis Ross)
- December 11: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA (Michele Norris)
- December 13: YouTube Theater, Los Angeles, CA (Oprah Winfrey)