(Photos from left: Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images, Amy Sussman/Getty Images)
Montero, Lil Nas X’s highly anticipated debut album, drops tomorrow and has already faced a ton of backlash from some due to its provocative imagery and the fact that the rapper is openly gay. But one person in his corner is Kid Cudi.
X and Cudi bonded after a Twitter user questioned why he had no Black male artists on his album. The 22-year-old hitmaker responded with, “Maybe a lot of them just don’t wanna work with me.”
Cudi responded with, "N***a I'll work w u and frolic in rose gardens w u and singin about my pain."
Lil Nas followed up with, "u heard it here first everybody. kid cudi x lil nas for montero deluxe."
"When I saw the tweet about Nas’ album Montero not featuring Black male artists, and he replied that 'maybe a lot of them just don’t wanna work with me,' that made me sad," Cudi wrote.
"There’s a homophobic cloud over hip-hop, and he’s going to break that s**t down. We have to stand with him. I’m going to do whatever I have to do to let him know — you have my support. When we do our song together, however trippy the video is, let’s get sexy with it."
He also added, "Lil Nas X is a new twist on some of the themes I was riding on when I first started out: being true to yourself and not giving a f**k what anyone says. What he’s doing is what we need right now. To have a gay man in hip-hop doing his thing, crushing records -- that is huge for us and for Black excellence. The way he’s unafraid to make people uncomfortable is so rock ’n’ roll. He’s a true rock star."
Montero includes guest appearances from Miley Cyrus, Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion and the legendary Elton John. The album already has a Billboard Hot 100 no. 1 hit with "Montero (Call Me by Your Name)" and the no. 2 charting song "Industry Baby,” which featured Jack Harlow.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024