(Photos from left: Roy Rochlin/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures, Paras Griffin/WireImage, Charles Sykes/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)
As the third party to stick a claw into Nicki Minaj and Cardi B’s ferocious internet scuffle, former fashion CEO Steve Madden attempted to make the Queen femcee out to be a liar on Tuesday (October 30).
Madden dropped his claim after Barbie and Bardi signed off on a truce following their scathing social media standoff, denying Nicki’s statement that Steve Madden attempted to secure a deal with her on several occasions. The Queen femcee has spent the larger part of the week fending off lies and allegations behind her name. Thus, she spent no time in returning a clap back at what fans would soon come to learn was a lie from the Madden camp, and with the help of two rather unexpected people: 50 Cent and Iggy Azalea.
After the official Twitter handle for Steve Madden tried their hand at a Nicki Minaj drag
Fif showed up with a rebuttal and receipts to defend the ‘Barbie Dreams’ rapper’s honor
Fif dug up the 2015 Vibe interview where Madden discusses how the proposed deal for Nicki came about among his fiery first encounter with her. The 60-year-old specifically stated that he was going to do a collaboration with her, but after the fight, they patched things up and just became “sort of buddies.” He already had a deal with Iggy in the pipeline as well. But in hindsight, Madden realized he had shot himself in the foot.
“I made a mistake and I wish that I could go back in time and work with Nicki instead of Iggy,” he said.
“I guess he forgot he spoke on this already,” Fif captioned his Instagram post of the Steve Madden evidence. “Smh. Liar.” Nicki followed up with a mouthful for Madden too. “This hoe a** n**ga came to my house in MALIBU WITH IRV GOTTI BEGGING ME TO DO THE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She added that her manager, Gee Roberson, was also there to witness it. “Can’t believe grown ass men getting on the internet lying like hoes.”
Nicki took to Twitter to salute Fif for not being afraid to expose the truth either
A.k.a. “one of the few [real ones] left.”
For more proof to add to the pudding…
She retweeted the author of the Vibe interview Adelle Platon, who also highlighted Madden’s statement from the feature story.
It wasn’t long before Iggy herself showed up as yet another witness to confirm Nicki’s truth
“This is facts,” Iggy wrote in a now-deleted tweet. She added in another swiped tweet that though she’s not choosing anyone’s side, “Steve lying like sh**.”
Nicki expressed gratitutde to her for the confirmation
And eventually, Madden folded...
In a sudden change of heart he then sent love to the Young Money rapstress, deeming her an “incredibly talented artist” and claiming that they didn’t work together because the timing wasn’t right. He switched gears yet again with a salute to Cardi, who he said his collaboration with was a success. “I love both [Nicki] and [Cardi’s] music,” Madden continued. “I hope they can reach some peace—together they could probably take over the world.” Regretfully, he admitted his contribution to the Nicki hate train as well. “There is a lot of negativity out there right now, and I shouldn’t have contributed to that.”
Unfortunately for him, it was too little to late for forgiveness from the Barbie kingdom however…
“Eat a d**k n**ga,” Nicki responded. “You lied on me cuz it was the trendy thing 2do! Ain’t nobody buyin that clown sh**.” Nicki went on to reveal that the real reason she turned down the deal was because the shoes were ugly, then urged him to respond to 50’s statement “instead of picking on women.”
Alexa, play “No Frauds” by Nicki Minaj.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024