Don Cheadle has plenty on his plate between promotion for The Guard, due in theaters July 29, and upcoming films The Avengers and Iron Man 3, due out next year. He's also filming a lead role in the new Showtime comedy House of Lies. Through all the projects, Cheadle is still fighting to get the greenlight on a film based on the legendary Miles Davis.
"I actually just got off the phone with the studio executives about putting it together," the actor told New York magazine. "It’s a difficult time to make films, especially ones that don’t have people flying or sequels or cars. We’re struggling through, but it’s going to happen."
For years money woes have held back the film, which was written by Cheadle. The Oscar nominee also plans to direct, produce and star in the film. Cheadle told Collider.com, "It's still grinding trying to get the finance. It's not a biopic, it's not deep, it's not serious fare, it's not a cradle-to-the-grave overview of his entire life. The movie takes place over a day and a half of his life. It's a very intense day and a half of his life, but a lot of people haven't engaged because of what they perceive it's going to be."
Davis made an indelible mark with classic jazz albums like 1959's Kind of Blue, 1970's Bitches Brew and 1981's The Man With the Horn. He died in 1991 at the age of 65.
(Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images)
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024