(Photo: George Rose/Getty Images)
A United Airlines flight from Shanghai to Newark, New Jersey, was severely delayed and eventually forced to make an unexpected stop in San Francisco due to an unruly passenger in a "Make America Great Again" hat.
On Sunday, the unidentified passenger attempted to keep an entire row to himself, and would not allow other passengers at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport to sit next to him, reported the Washington Post.
The United crew in Shanghai attempted to be patient with the man; however, he got more irate as time went on.
“He was trying to explain to the crew and captain … because he had points, he felt he deserved an upgrade,” passenger Clark Gredoña to Washington Post. “So this was his way of getting it.”
During the incident — which went on for nearly an hour — the man commented on his hat.
“I know people don’t like my hat,” passenger Alexis Zimmerman heard the man say, reported WaPo.
“He berated a female passenger,” Gredoña said. “I think he called her Hillary. Then he called her a lesbian. I think he called a stewardess ‘sweetheart.’ ”
The man was eventually asked to leave the aircraft by the flight crew. When he repeatedly refused, other passengers were required to deplane while local law authorities came to intervene.
After spending time with Chinese law enforcement, the man finally left the plane and returned to the terminal.
While in the terminal, a crowd of passengers chanted "Lock him up!" to the man.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024