Nick Ut/AP Photo
Chris Brown is headed back to a familiar place.
A judge ordered Breezy to spend 90 days in a residential rehab facility for anger management Wednesday (Nov. 20), one week after he cut a voluntary stay in treatment short. He must also submit to random drug testing and complete at least 24 hours of community labor per week.
Brown was in court this afternoon — supported by girlfriend Karrueche Tran — regarding his 2009 assault on Rihanna and remains on probation until next year. According to TMZ, the L.A. County Probation Department informed the judge that the "Fine China" singer only spent two weeks in a Malibu, Calif. rehab center earlier in the month because he was kicked out for reportedly getting violent with his mother and throwing a rock at her car. The L.A. District Attorney's Office was said to have recommended a judge place him at an in-treatment facility.
At the time of his release last week, Brown's rep would only say that the 24-year-old was "continuing his rehab program as an outpatient and is also completing his community service in the Los Angeles area." Hours after the statement was publicized, Brown and Tran were spotted at a party in Hollywood.
Given all his legal issues, the judge in his probation case will allow Brown to leave treatment and travel to Washington, D.C. for court on a misdemeanor assault charge. The Virginia native allegedly attacked a fan for photobombing him last month and is due in court on the East Coast Monday (Nov. 25). The incident could trigger another probation violaton, to be determined at a hearing set for Dec. 16.
One potential step in Brown working on his anger is a change of scenery. He reportedly sold his L.A. home, where neighbors complained about his graffiti, for one in Malibu, which is a beach town.
Brown's new rehab location has yet to be announced but must be located in L.A. County and approved by the L.A. County Probation Dept.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: AP Photo/ Nick Ut)
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024