Photo: Maury Phillips/Getty Images for BET
Bobby Brown Jr. passed away last November, and now his father Bobby Brown is opening up about it for the first time.
In a preview clip from the new episode of Red Table Talk, the legendary singer told hosts Jada Pinkett Smith, Adrienne Banfield-Norris and Willow Smith that his son’s death was a shame and shared his thoughts as to why it happened.
“Kids today, they’re trying different things,” Brown said. “They’re trying to get as high as they can possibly get. That’s a real problem because they don’t know what these drugs are being mixed with these days.”
According to a Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office report, Brown Jr.’s death was caused by the "combined effects of alcohol, cocaine and fentanyl." A witness, the report states, told police that the 28-year-old "snorted" a Percocet and cocaine after consuming shots of tequila with friends. His death was subsequently ruled "accidental" with no foul play determined.
Additionally in the preview clip, Willow says she feels her generation is “kind of spiraling” with Brown replying: “There are murderers out there,” creating synthetic drugs. “It’s like they’re committing murder,” he says. “That’s homicide.”
Watch the full preview clip below.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024