Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images
During a visit with radio station Hot 97, Mario talked about his decision to remain celibate for a year and how it affected not only his spirit, but his music.
"I was celibate for almost a year. It works. It strengthens your spirit. I mean more than anything, when you really start to understand the physical experience that we have as individuals, you understand that the spirit is way stronger than the physical but if you feed your physical more than [the mental], that's going to dominate," he shared. "So, I experimented with that and it's something that I really wanted to go to a higher level spiritually. I felt like it would affect my music differently. It would affect my career, my surroundings, the people, and it has."
We wonder how difficult it was to keep his goal when surrounded by groupies and temptation. But he's not the only one who's turned his back on carnal pleasures in order to seek something more meaningful. LisaRaye McCoy of VH1's Single Ladies has also decided to give celibacy a try after having her fill of shallow men.
"I'm in a new place. I've tried everything but celibacy, and I really want to know what it feels like to be touched by someone with a mental touch and not a physical touch," she told CocoaFab. "So I'm waiting for that person to come into my life. And when I get myself together, I know God is gonna bless me with that, because I don't want to come with extra baggage."
Would you ever try celibacy? Sound off in the comments.
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images)
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024