Vanessa Simmons is opening up about her journey to wellness.
In a recent interview with Brown Style Magazine, the entrepreneur discussed what motivated her to prioritize her mental health and the essentials she relies on daily.
According to Simmons, a demanding promotional tour while on the road led her to reconsider her busy lifestyle.
“I have dealt with anxiety for years due to hectic schedules. When my sister [Angela Simmons] and I were doing Pastry promo tours, there was a time when we would travel so much that I couldn’t keep track of what state I was waking up in,” she explained.
“It was a wild time, and even though it was amazing, and we were girl-bossing hard, it took a tremendous toll on my mental health. This is really where I learned the importance of wellness and how to prioritize myself, even above work.”
She said, "Wellness is about filling your cup when you feel depleted."
Along her personal health journey, she became inspired to help others gain mental stability. Earlier this year, she founded U4IA, an online hub for beauty, wellness, and mental health. “During the COVID-19 pandemic when everything felt so uncertain and being healthy was vital, I felt called to arm myself, my friends, and my family with knowledge and actionable steps to maintain their health," she told the outlet.
To achieve balance in her life, Simmons finds comfort in a routine. She focuses on her skincare regimen, exercising, prayer, and journaling in the mornings.
"It doesn’t always happen perfectly because life is life, but on the days that I can commit to my routine, I can attest to it being a factor in my day flowing better than on the days I don’t,” she said.
At night, her routine includes unwinding in a calming bath or sitting back while catching up on her favorite shows.
"You have to give yourself permission to slow down. It’s important to give yourself grace," she said.
Vanessa also emphasized the importance of her faith when she needs clarity.
“I go to God and pray to get back in alignment with myself and reset so I can come back even better,” she noted.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024