(Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage)
After the hardships of 2020, Karrueche Tran is ready to press the “reset” button—and who can blame her? We all want to start the new year right.
From rethinking her fashion choices to discovering the perfect routine for her at-home workouts, the ‘Claws’ actress opened up to BET Style about her ongoing quest for self-care.
We also received exclusive details about the 32-year-old star’s collaborative collection with PrettyLittleThing, which features inclusive activewear pieces for all shapes and sizes at affordable price points (most pieces retail for less than $50).
Keep scrolling to learn what inspired the trendy collection that Karrueche best describes as “comfy, confident, and motivating.”
BET: We noticed that your new fashion collection consists of trendy athleisure. Why did you think it was important to design sporty looks in your PrettyLittleThing collab?
Karrueche Tran: I’m a big fan of athleisure. I love to wear workout/yoga clothes when I’m running errands, lounging around the house, and working out. I wanted to create a collection that defines comfort, confidence, and motivation. I wanted to uplift women and encourage them to take care of their mind, body, and soul. To love and support one another. To understand that we all come in different shades and sizes. There is so much beauty in that.
BET: You mentioned that “finding the motivation to workout can be hard.” What does workout preparation look like for you?
KT: I definitely have to mentally prepare myself for a workout. Some days I’m super motivated and other days I can’t even look at my yoga mat. However, I find it important to make sure I’m consistent with doing some form of workout.
Right now, I’ve been doing yoga and BootyBarre workouts online. I try to exercise at least five days out of the week—especially with being home more often. I feel like there is no excuse to not work out.
BET: How do you think sheltering in place has influenced the way we purchase new clothing?
KT: Personally, I’ve been really drawn towards loungewear and pajamas. [It's about] finding a balance of looking cute yet comfy at home. I also have a stack of new clothes that I’m ready to wear once outside is open.
BET: How does your PLT collection reflect these times?
KT: The styles and the fabrics! When I shot for the collection, I kept thinking, “I can’t wait to wear this around the house!.” I especially love the neutral tones!
BET: What was the biggest life lesson you learned in 2020?
KT: I’ve learned that life is short, and nothing should be taken for granted. I’m so grateful for what God has given me, and this past year especially has taught me the importance of family.
BET: What are you looking forward to in the New Year?
KT: A reset! Cleansing old energy and bringing in a new energy. Continuing to grow and prosper and work hard.
To shop the PLT x Karrueche Tran collection, click here.
** Editor’s Note: This interview has been edited and condensed for clarity.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024