(Photo: Jemal Countess/Getty Images)
The R&B singer filed for divorce from her husband and former manager, Martin “Kendu” Isaacs, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for their split. The couple was wed in 2003.
It has today (September 15) been reported that Isaacs returned his response to her divorce petition, and is asking for a pretty penny.
As reported, Isaacs is requesting both spousal support and for the singer to pay his legal fees. In Blige’s initial filing she requested that spousal support be blocked, and the separation date listed as “to be determined.”
Looks like this divorce may not be as easy and smooth a process as Blige originally may have thought.
More on their divorce chronicles as the process develops. In the meantime, take a look at our recent conversation with Blige regarding her upcoming tour here.
- Princess Love Files For Divorce From Ray JThe star of "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" broke the news on Instagram.02/26/2024
- 5 Things We Learned From the ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ DocuseriesThe two-part doc revealed much about the former TV show host's struggles with health, finances, and her bitter divorce.02/26/2024
- ‘Peetah’ Morgan Of Morgan Heritage Reggae Band Dies at 46No cause of death has been revealed.02/26/2024
- Ayo Edebiri And Da'Vine Joy Randolph Both Snag 2024 SAG AwardsLet’s show these sistas some love for their history-making achievements.02/26/2024
- Quavo Responds To Fan With Back Tattoo of Rapper's FaceThe loyal fan showed the Atlanta rapper his tribute to him in Milan, Italy.02/26/2024
- Jeffrey Wright Delivers Stirring Tribute To His Family At 2024 Spirit Awards“I am nowhere without you,” said the actor.02/26/2024