21 Savage made headlines when he joined Usher during his Las Vegas residency over the weekend in a duet of the legendary singer’s 2004 hit “My Boo.”
The awesome moment was captured on video and posted by Usher after it happened with fans and celebrities alike gushing in the comment section over how visibly happy both men were, and even some, calling for a collaboration between the pair.
Folks like DC Young Fly, Halle Berry, and others filled the comment section, however, celebrities have long been paying attention to Usher’s Sin City residency since he began the months-long stint of shows in the summer of 2021.
During an interview with BET in February prior to the 2023 edition of his Usher My Way: The Las Vegas Residency began, the singer says he looks to put on a “magnificent show that gives you something to remember,” noting that fans have told him that the experience of attending his live shows over the years – whether it be in Vegas or one of his past tours, it made them “feel something.”
“That's because of the time and passion I put into the art,” he added. “The art is the show, the music is the offering, right? Because everybody's going to interpret what I'm saying maybe a different way because of their experience or what they feel. But the art of it and the time where I get a chance to give something to people that they'll remember forever is in that moment. So that's what I love about performing live for my fans.”
Speaking of celebrities, below are some who have been wowed by Usher’s Las Vegas residency and made their presence intentionally or unintentionally known.
Last month, Usher took a few moments to pay his respects to one of the pioneers of hip-hop as he picked out Queen Latifah in the audience who was celebrating her 53rd birthday.
The Confessions singer made his way into the audience during his show and gave her a hug. Her 1993 hit “U.N.I.T.Y.” played in the background as Latifah could be seen holding a bouquet of roses and the audience cheering on the music legends’ embrace.
Last October, Chris Brown shared the stage with Usher as the two R&B crooners ran through a few of Breezy’s biggest hits, “Back to Sleep (Remix),” “Heat” and “Under the Influence.”
“I love you, for life. You a great. You’re a legend,” Usher told CB. “We love you and gon’ continue to keep uplifting you, bro. I love you more.” In an Instagram post made by Usher after the on-stage meeting, which featured video of them coming together, he captioned it, “LEGEND.”
During his first Las Vegas Residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in August 2021, Diddy graced the stage with Usher to perform their hit “I Need a Girl.”
On-stage, and calling him by his many names, Usher saluted the Bad Boy Records founder, explaining, “I took you guys back to the first album for this reason because he was the executive producer of this album and went on to have an amazing, incredible career.”
Prior to Diddy making an appearance at Usher’s Sin City residency, Kevin Hart made a similar, but way less-scheduled showing on-stage.
On August 1, the comedian had something in store for the R&B crooner who debuted at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace that July.
After putting on a jaw-dropping performance of his Grammy award-winning song “There Goes My Baby,” Hart popped out and joined him as a surprise guest.
“Last night was EPIC….Sorry Usher but I had to do it….The music got a hold of me and I felt like this was my moment to showcase my voice,” Hart captioned an Instagram video highlighting dance moves and body rolls.
At the same show Kevin Hart attended, LeBron James was there with his wife Savannah. And while the Los Angeles Lakers star looked like he was having a good time at the event, he went viral for shoving a fan that approached him out of the way before security intervened.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024