(Photo: Ray Tamarra/GC Images)
Rachel Dolezal is in the news cycle once again. For those who may be unaware, the former NAACP chapter president became infamous in 2015 when her white parents exposed her for impersonating a Black woman.
Recently, Dolezal chose to open up about her experience with public scrutiny, including the continuous backlash she receives from both Black and white people.
In an upcoming documentary about Black beauty, Dolezal reportedly dished on her personal experience since the jaw-dropping scandal, including constantly being ridiculed by both communities.
"I've been called an insult to white women and an insult to Black women. White women are angry because I did what they never would do and went further, like I put 110," the 43-year-old said, according to Daily Beast. "I didn't just be that white ally and do a little bit, I canceled my white privilege. I canceled my hair."
"For Black women, I feel like it's a reaction to pain. It's like a trigger to post-traumatic stress,' she reportedly shared in the documentary written and directed by Jennifer Holness.
The self-proclaimed Black woman went on to explain the ongoing fear she has of white men, who were not pleased with her denouncing her white upbringing. "When it comes to white men, that's the group that I am the most scared of on a level of threat because that's mostly the white supremacy folks."
To learn more about the doc entitled, "SUBJECTS OF DESIRE" visit: subjectsofdesire.com
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024