(Photos from Left: Paras Griffin/Getty Images for BET, JB Lacroix/ WireImage)
It's been nearly two months since Terry Crews bravely went public with shocking allegations that he had been the victim of sexual assault by a powerful Hollywood agent. In the weeks since (and thanks in part to BET.com's editorial about the actor's mission to bring his abuser to justice), Crews' celebrity friends and colleagues in Hollywood have come out in droves to show him support.
But Katt Williams, who has been friends with Crews for years and co-starred with him in Friday After Next, had not added his voice to the chorus. That is, until we sat down with Williams during the press junket for his new film Father Figures and asked him to share a message for his old friend. Williams has a deeply profound message for Crews, and also explains why it took him so long to break his silence on the matter.
"No, no. Like a terrible friend, I have not reached out to my friend in his time of need like I should have.," Williams confessed to us during our Facebook Live session over the weekend.
He continued, "The reason I have been unable to do it is because, I'm your angry friend. ... We just had somebody who dealt with something like that, and came out and told us, and that person who did it went right back to work? That's the opposite of how this scenario is supposed to go. And I know that it's only going down that way because it's him."
"So, I'm a little angrier about the situation than is helpful," Williams concluded. "I haven't reached out to him, but my concern and my prayers are with him and his wife, and really anybody who has been in that situation."
Get the back story on what happened to Crews, and what he's doing about it, with BET Breaks, above. And see Katt Williams in Father Figures, hitting theaters everywhere on Friday, December 22.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024