(Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Coachella)
Madame Tussauds Las Vegas just debuted a sculpture of Beyoncé that looks EXACTLY like the singer during her beloved 2018 Coachella performance (referenced by fans as Beychella). The 38-year-old superstar’s latest wax figure was unveiled on Thursday, November 14, hitting a very Bey-like hand-on-hip pose while wearing her Coachella uniform: pink hoodie, cut-off shorts and silver, fringe boots. They got it right this time around, down to the curls in her half-up do’.
In the past, Twitter hasn’t been thrilled about Madame Tussauds’ Beyoncé wax figures—there’s been quite a few, too! So what went so wrong all the other times the museum tried to mimic Queen Bey’s likeness and failed? Well, after complaints of them white-washing the singer rolled in after one of their attempts, Madame Tussauds’ said: “Lighting within the attraction combined with flash photography may distort and misrepresent the colour of our wax figures."
Well, we do know that for this new statue, a team of 20 artists spent four months and more than 500 hours working on the masterpiece. And so far, it seems Twitter approves!
In honor of this new statue, let’s take a walk down memory lane and remember all the times Madame Tussauds got it wrong, before they got it right:
John Phillips/UK Press via Getty Images
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024