While performing at a homecoming concert at Bowie State University, Meek Mill took a moment to pay his respects to PnB Rock, who was shot and killed while dining at a Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles restaurant in Los Angeles, California, on Sept. 12.
“Hold up, this is where I want to represent for my f**king dawg,” said Meek in a clip posted on Twitter. “Rest in peace to f**king PnB Rock; I don’t even want to talk about that s**t.”
He then recalled a previous performance he was a part of alongside PnB.
“The last time I performed at a college, it was in the DMV with PnB Rock,” Meek continued performing to his song “Dangerous,” which features the late rapper and Jeremih. “Rest in peace to my motherf**king brother.”
PnB Rock is best known for his single “Selfish”, which reached no. 51 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2016. His other hits include 2019’s “Middle Child” featuring the late XXXtentacion and his feature on Kodak Black’s “Too Many Years.”
The Los Angeles Police Department has identified three people connected to PnB’s death, a 17-year-old shooter, who has not been named, along with his stepmother Shauntrel Trone and his father, Freddie Lee Trone, who has been arrested and taken into custody.
Additional details concerning the incident are still developing while the investigation is ongoing.
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024